It has been said that it is easier to change a man’s religion than to change his diet. I don’t know about you but I have tried many times to change my diet following the latest fad or trend hoping that it would help me reach my nutrition and weight loss goals. The sad truth is, fads are short lived and not meant to last forever. So how do you achieve long term success with your weight and healthy eating you might ask? The answer is by making small, gradual changes that step by step and day by day lead you to a healthier diet, a healthier lifestyle, and overall a healthier you.
As a Registered Dietitian with my Master’s degree in nutritional science, I am passionate about helping others achieve that highly coveted healthy lifestyle. Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with pre-diabetes and you’re not sure what to eat or you have high cholesterol and need to start following a heart healthy diet, I have the tools to help you succeed.
If you’ve never met with a dietitian before, here are some things you can expect working with me:
- Accountability and motivation
- One on one nutrition counseling and education
- An individualized nutrition assessment based on biometrics, medical history, lab values, and diet report
- Recipes for a healthy lifestyle
- No fad diets or starvation
Reasons You May Need Nutrition Counseling:
- Diabetes management (type 1, type 2, pre-diabetes, and gestational diabetes)
- Obesity and weight loss management
- Preparation for weight loss surgery
- High blood pressure
- Fatty liver
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Tube feeding
- Failure to thrive or underweight
- Kidney disease
- Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity
- Irritable bowel disease or irritable bowel syndrome
- Vegetarian or vegan diet education
Follow me and learn how to create healthy habits instead of restrictions. I look forward to working with you on your nutrition and health goals.