If you still have some Thanksgiving left overs and are looking for a recipe that’s a little on the lighter side, this day-after-Thanksgiving recipe is perfect. You can use your holiday left overs to make a leaner meal post holiday splurge. The salad will utilize some of your favorite Thanksgiving flavors without overdoing it in the calorie department.
Servings: 2 meal-sized salads
- 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water to thin (if necessary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces (1 to 1 1/2 cups) leftover turkey, diced or shredded
- 4 cups mixed greens (lettuce, baby kale, spinach)
- 1 cup leftover prepared vegetables (sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, green beans or a combination)
- 1 medium apple or firm-fleshed pear, diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Add all dressing ingredients — except for water, salt and pepper — to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding water a little bit at a time, if necessary, to make smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Toss turkey, greens, vegetables, fruit and pepitas together in a large bowl.
- To serve, divide into 2 servings and drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of dressing (you will have dressing left over). Enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Total fat: 22 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
- Sodium: 270 mg (does not include added salt)
- Total carbohydrate: 30 g
- Dietary fiber: 7 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 37 g
Note: Nutrition information will vary depending on the mix of left over vegetables included in the salad.